- Copenhagen Blinds
- Art Andersen CPH App
- Wall Controller
- Extender & Power Plug
- Danfoss Radiator Thermostat
- Z-Wave network
Measuring & Mounting
- Can Copenhagen Blinds be mounted vertical or horizontal?
Yes, Copenhagen Blinds both ways. The hidden brackets gives you both options, and screws and plugs are included in Copenhagen Blinds.
- How much space to I need to account for to have enough space between the blinds and the wall on the sides of the blinds?
Copenhagen Blinds will move very steadily, but we still recommend to allow 5 mm free space on either side.
- How much space to I need to account for on the bottom of the blinds?
Copenhagen Blinds has 50 mm slats. The measurement which Copenhagen Blinds of manufactured from, is with the slats in a horizontal position. Ahen you tilt the slats full to either side, they will need another 25 mm. That why we recommend 20-25 mm space between the blinds and any bottom (shelf or similar) of the window.
We always recommend that you watch the Measurement video on: https://youtu.be/OaWVLXUzW4g
- Are the measurements of Copenhagen Blinds the total measuremets incl. the top brackets??
Yes, the measurements are the complete and total measuremets which the blinds has incl. top brackets and with horizontal slats.
- How do I mount Copenhagen Blinds?
It's real easy. A 1-2-3 Guide for mounting of deliveted with the blinds - and you can see a video of it on the website: www.CopenhagenBlinds.com.
Mounting guide: https://youtu.be/KbeXT_oLLKc
- How do I install Copenhagen Blinds? Just follow the online guide in the app.
Also check the installation guide: https://youtu.be/6C36N_Oqqc8
- How do I de-install (exclude) Copenhagen Blinds?
Just follow the online guide in the app.
- The red LED is on, on my Copenhagen Blinds - what do I do?
The red LED indicates an error. Normally it's a sign that the blind needs to be recharged - but then you can also see the need for recharge in the app. If the app, however, does not indicate a recharge - then something else may be wrong.
The blind measures the power it needs to roll up/down and if it changes significantly, then the blind may stop and the LED will light up red, as a precaution that e.g. a child is not stock in the blind. This 'Stop-function' can normally be cancelled by pressing either of the buttons on the blind.
If that does not help, then something else may be wrong and we will then suggest you contact the installer or Art Andersen CPH directly on email@example.com. In some cases the blinds then needs to have a factory reset and an automatic recalibration.
- One of my Copenhagen Blinds has lost contact.
If one or more of your Copenhagen Blinds loose contact, please check:
- are there any nififications in the app which can indicate what's wrong? E.g. they need power?
The most common cause is that the blind needs to be re-charged. If that's the case, then the app will indicate it.
- does the LED on the blind light up?
Then there may be an error somewhere. See above.
- If there are no notifications in the app, and the LED does not lit up, then it is likely that the distance between the Gateway and the blinds is too big. The maximum distance is usually approx. 30 meters, but walls or different floors may set the distance to less. If that's the case then you may need a Range Extender & Power Plug.
- My blind packs the slats unevenly, why?
In some cases, the blinds backs the ladder-cord in between the slats when it elevates. When that happens the slats will not be as tight together as they normally are and it will look a little unevenly. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to prevent this, except you roll down the blind and elevate it again, because in most cases the problem will solve itself.
- My Blinds are uneven and/or not horizontal in the bottom. What do I do?
First, please check if the slat-clips on the top slat is mounted correctly. Secondly please check of the weight-button in the bottom is mounted correctly. If the are both mounted correctly, then you need a factory reset and the problem will then disappear. To do a factory reset (only for specialists): https://youtu.be/FJlFHs4Za4Q
- When should my blinds be recharged?
Your Art Andersen CPH app, will show you when the blinds need recharging. A small battery-icon in the Accessory-page next to the blinds will appear when only 20% battery power is left.
- How do I clean my Copenhagen Blinds?
The slats can easily be removed, one-by-one, and then easily cleaned with a damp cloth. Also watch the cleaning-video: https://youtu.be/GjqQUnadpB0
Generally about Copenhagen Blinds
- In which sizes does Copenhagen Blinds come?
Copenhagen Blinds are made to measure in sizes from 60 to 160 cm wide and in 60 to 260 cm high.
We expect to launch an XL blinds that goes up to sizes of 250x250 before the summer 2018.
- Which colours does Copenhagen Blinds come in?
Copenhagen Blinds comes in black, silver and white (RAL 9016). All parts will be colored (top tube, laddercord and slats). RAL 9016 is chosen because most windows are delivered in Ral 9016 (and not 9010 and many think they are).
- Which RAL colour is the white Blind?
The white blinds is RAL 9016. RAL 9016 is chosen because most windows are delivered in RAL 9016 (and not 9010 and many think they are).
- Can I control more blinds at the same time?
Yes, in the app, you can define your own groups of blinds. Example: a group could be all blinds in the living facing west.
- Can a blind be a member of more than one group?
No, unfortunately not. A blinds can be in one group only.
- Can I set automatic movements on my blinds?
Yes, you can use schedules to move you blinds and certian times and days over a week - and you can define your own schenarios with pre-defined positions.
Art Andersen CPH App
- How do I get the app?
The app can be downloaded for free from iTunes App Store for iPhone and iPad or from Google Play for Android. Just search for Art Andersen CPH-app.
Link for iPhone and iPad to Apple iTunes app store
Link for Android to Google Play
- Does the app cost anything?
No, the app is free to download and to use.
- Should I log out of the app, when I do not use it?
No, stay logged in - just click back to the desktop.
- Does the app use much power? Or much data?
No, the app send small amounts if messages to the cloud, and the app is only active when you use it.
- Why does the app need to send me messages?
The system will automatically send you messages when relevant. Example if a gateway need to be recharged or if a gateway is offline. However, from time to time we may also send you a marketing message like when we introduce new products.
- What does the little sun next to the blinds mean on the Accessory page?
The sun indicates that your blind is controlled by the SunSensor and the Auto Light Control function.
- How does e.g. my family or my colleagues get access to control of the blinds?
If you need more people to control the blinds, then just invite them. Click Menu, Users and invite others by adding their email address. Then they will receive an email invitation with login and password.
- I connected the Gateway and there are now 3 LEDs lighting up - what do I do?
When the Gateway connects to the internet for the first time, 3 LEDs will glow on the side of the Gateway. Shortly after, a big white LED will light up on the frontpage of the Gateway. That means the Gateway is going online to download and install the latest software version for the Gateway. The download can take up to 10 minutes. Please wait.
If the white LED does not lit up, then there may be a problem and you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a big white lamp lighting up on my Gateway, why?
When the white LED is blinking, then the Gateway is online and it is downloading and installing the latest software. It takes up to 10 minutes. Then it will stop blinking and simply light up. That is a sign the Gateway is ready to connect to the App. Now open the app, create an account and follow the guide in the App.
- My App and my Gateway does not connect. What do I do?
The smartest thing to do, is to make sure the Smartphone/iPad you use is connected to the same network as the Gateway is, because then they will normally connect easily and after maximum 2 minutes. If, however, that is not an option, then you need to do a manual installation my entering the MAC address printed n the back of the Gateway.
- Which LED should normally be lighting on the Gateway?
The LED that should be lighting are: connection (looks like 2 arrows), cloud (a cloud) and the on LED.
- How many blinds and accessories can I connect to my Gateway?
You can connect 30 blinds and accessories. If that is not enough, then please contact Art Andersen CPH.
The Gateway is limited by us to 30 connections - but it can actually be used for 230 blinds.
- How big is the range of the Gateway?
The Gateway normally has a range of 30 meters, but obviously tithe range is limited by walls or similar. We know, that especially concrete walls with armour creates a limit for the range. If that happens, we suggest you place an Extender & Power Plug half way between the Gateway and the Blinds. That will then increase the Gateways range. Check Range Extender & Power Plug
- My Gateway is not online. What do I do?
Please check your internet connection, and check of the Gateway is properly connected to the router. If you are not online, please contact your ISP. When you are online the 3 LEDs (connection, cloud and on) should light up.
- How do I install a Wall Controller?
Just follow the guide in the app carefully. IMPORTANT: to wake the Wall Controller up for the first time, you need to charge it briefly by connecting the supplied USB cable to a power source (e.g. in your computer).
- Is the Wall Controller like a remote control?
Yes and No.
The Wall Controller has a small gyroscope built in and will only work when mounted vertically, like on a wall. Therefore it is not a remote-control which can be used horizontally.
Wall Controller has a pretty strong magnet, and can be mounted using the magnet on e.g. a refrigerator. In addition both screws and a adhesives are supplied with the Wall Controller.
- How does the Wall Controller work?
It has two functions:
1. to roll blinds up and down
2. to tilt the slats
Click the button in the centre. First click will make your Copenhagen Blind go down. Second click will make it stop. Third click will make your blind go up and fourth click will make it stop again.
Now turn the Wall Controller to either side to make the slats tilt..
- Why does the blinds in a group not move at the same time?
Of you set the Wall Controller to control a group of blinds, then the Wall Controller will automatically appoint one of the blinds as the 'master-blind'. The master-blind will always set it selves first, and when it is in place the other blinds will follow and set themselves for the same position.
- How many Wall Controller must I have? One for each blind?
It up to you. A Wall Controller can be set to move a single blind or a group of blinds. Therefore, if you want to move each blind individually (not using the app) then you need as many Wall Controllers as you have blinds. However, most people, group their blinds and move them at the same time. Then you need one Wall Controller per group.
- When do I need to charge my Wall Controller?
Click on the Wall Controller on the Accessory page in your app. Then you can see the battery-power level in you Wall Controller.
- How do I recharge my Wall Controller?
You charge it, by separating the circular button-part from the frame. That's done easy by pressing on the edge of the button-part. Then simply charge the Wall Controller using the USB cable and e.g. a USB plug on your computer.
- How do I install an Extender & Power Plug?
Just follow the guide in the app carefully.
- How much can I connect to my Extender & Power Plug?
You can maximum attach 10A to your Extender & Wall Plug.
- The LED on my charger lights up red?
The charger lights up with a red LED when the blind is charging.
- The LED on my charger lights up green?
The charger lights up with a green LED when the blind is fully charged.
- Can I leave the charger in my Copenhagen Blinds? or Can I mount my Copenhagen Blinds with the charger in permanently?
Yes, Copenhagen Blinds is designed to be mounted with fixed power if a client prefers so. So you can leave the charger in the blind for as long as you want and it will no damage the battery or the blind.
- How do I install a SunSensor?
Mount the supplied 2 pcs. CR123A batteries in the SunSensor and follow the guide in the app. The button is the little rounded corner in the corner on the back of the SunSensor.
- Can I connect another light sensor? Like a Fibaro sensor?
No, another light sensor will not be shown in the Art Andersen CPH app.
- When do I need to change the battery in my SunSensor?
The Art Andersen CPH app will tell you what the battery level is in your SunSensor. Simply click Accessories and on the Multisensor 6 (where the temperature is shown), and that will give you a battery report.
- Which battery should I use in the SunSensor?
SunSensor takes 2 pcs. CR123A batteries, supplied along with the SunSensor, or to be acquired in photo shows.
- What is the USB cable that comes with the SunSensor for?
The cable is not used in the Art Andersen CPH installation.
- How do I adjust the SunSensor?
Click Automation and on Add Auto Light Control. Choose the sensor you will use, define the three positions for dark, cloudy and sunlight. Set where on the scale you want the automatic movements. Choose the days and time the Auto Light Control should be active - an finally choose which blind(s) the SunSensor should control. Click Save in the top right corner.
We have added default values from the beginning but you can always adjust them or set your own rules. You may want to experiment a bit before you find the best possible values.
- How do I install the thermostat?
Follow the guide carefully in the app. NB: the thermostat should me mounted on the radiator before you begin the installation.
- The supplied adaptors does not fit on my radiator. What do I do?
The supplied adaptors will suit on 85% of all Scandinavian radiators according to Danfoss. Likewise they will fit on most European radiators - but if they do not, then you can buy a suitable adaptor from you local plumbing supplier.
- I have some Danfoss digital thermostats - can I use them along with Art Andersen CPH installation?
It depends. If you have Danfoss thermostats that is a part of the Danfoss Living Connect system, then they will run a different protocol than the Z-Wave which Copenhagen Blinds use. They cannot be used.
- Can I buy Danfoss thermostats at Art Andersen CPH to use with my Danfoss Living Connect System?
No. The protocol Danfoss Living Connect use is different from the Z-Wave protocol which is used by Copenhagen Blinds, so they cannot be used.
- How long will the batteries in the Thermostats last?
The batteries in the Danfoss thermostat are 2 pcs. of Alkaline AA batteries, and according to Danfoss they will last for approx. 1 year.
- What is a Heating Zone?
A Heating Zone is basically the same as a group (for blinds). Ide idea is that you can make more thermostats members of the same group and then adjust the temperature on several bling in the same Heating Zone in one go.
- Why does the thermostat shut off when I open the window above it?
Well, that is one of the smart functions in the thermostat. Then a window opens and the temperature drop dramatically, the thermostat knows it must be because a window is open, and then it shuts off the heating until 5 minutes after the window is closed.
- Can Copenhagen Blinds be used together with Somfy? Or a Tahoma system?
- Copenhagen Blinds use a Z-Wave protocol for communication between blinds/accessories and the Gateway. Somfy or Tahoma use a Zigby protocol and therefore the systems cannot work together. Inwido chose Z-Wave because we (an most Smart Home experts) expects Z-Wave to be the system of the future, and because other large companies like Verisure, Danfoss, G4S, Yale, Ikea, etc. all use Z-Wave.
- I have some Tahoma equipment - can Copenhagen Blinds be used together with that?
No, Copenhagen Blinds use a Z-Wave protocol for communication between the blinds/accessories and the Gateway. Tahoma use a Zigby protocol and the two systems cannot work together. Inwido chose Z-Wave because we (an most Smart Home experts) expects Z-Wave to be the system of the future, and because other large companies like Verisure, Danfoss, G4S, Yale, Ikea, etc. all use Z-Wave.
- I have a Philips Hue Light system - can Copenhagen Blinds work together with that?
No, Copenhagen Blinds use a Z-Wave protocol for communication between the blinds/accessories and the Gateway. Philips Hue use a different protocol and the two systems cannot work together.
- Can I use my Homey Box to control Copenhagen Blinds?
Yes and no. If you will benefit from all the advanced functions in the Art Andersen CPH app then you need to use the Copenhagen Blinds Gateway instead of a Homey Box. However if you just want the basic control (up/down/tilt) then you can use a Homey Box which also runs Z-Wave protocol like Copenhagen Blinds, however, Art Andersen CPH does not offer any kind of support for that.
- Do you offer a Homey App?
- Can I use my Fibaro Gateway to control Copenhagen Blinds?
Yes and no. If you will benefit from all the advanced functions in the Art Andersen CPH app then you need to use the Copenhagen Blinds Gateway instead of a Fibaro Gateway. However if you just want the basic control (up/down/tilt) then you can use any Z-Wave Gateway, However, Art Andersen CPH does not offer any kind of support for that.
- Will Copenhagen Blinds work with Apple Home Kit?
Not yet - but soon. Copenhagen Blinds has an appointment with Apple and is working on the integration which is set to be launched before summer 2018.
- Does Copenhagen Blinds work together with Amazon Alexa?
There is no out-of-the box for Amazon Alexa in the Copenhagen Blinds installation. However, we know of several clients who has created their own links between Copenhagen Blinds and Amazon Aleza using IFTTT. You do have to have some technical insight, though.
- Can I create my of IFTTT connectivity for Copenhagen Blinds?
Yes, if you have technical insight you can. However, we know of several clients who has created their own links between Copenhagen Blinds and Amazon Aleza using IFTTT. However, Art Andersen CPH does not offer any kind of support for that.
- Will Copenhagen Blinds work with Google Home?
Probably, but neither we or Google is ready for that. We are however, very aware of Google Home and will look into it when the time is right.
- Will Copenhagen Blinds work with Samsung Smart Things?
Probably, but neither we or Samsung is ready for that. We are however, very aware of Samsung Smart Things and will look into it when the time is right.
- Will Copenhagen Blinds work with B&O's smart systems?
No. We are talking to B&O but there is no date set for B&O support in Copenhagen Blinds.